FROM PASTOR TIM RICHARDSON
TIME AT HOME - TIME ALONE WITH GOD
“In times like these…..we need an anchor.” Let’s seek our Lord and Anchor each day.
Try having an extended time of reading and prayer this way:
1. Read slowly and prayerfully the Proverb that matches with the day of the month.
a. Pause to pray as our Lord’s Spirit shows something in the verses.
2. Read slowly and prayerfully the Psalm that matches the day of the month. (Psalm 17 is for today).
a. Underline the words that are repeated or really speak to you.
Note: It is normal that you may get sleepy. Stand up and walk around. Pray as you walk around.
1. Use the Lord’s Prayer as your guide today. Begin with the focus on “God’s will and his kingdom.” Begin with adoring and thanking God.
2. Ask: “Give us this day…….” Continue your praying with your requests for others and yourself.
1. Call or write someone who will pray with you. Tell each other what you saw in your verses.
PRAYER GUIDE DEL VIEW CHURCH FAMILY
1. Pray for knowledge, understanding, wisdom, and discernment - Proverbs 1-3
a. Pray for knowledge how to keep Corona virus away.
b. Pray for understanding in steps to take.
c. Pray for wisdom in putting all knowledge together.
d. Pray for discernment in seeing through the situation.
2. Pray for Alertness. “Be sober and alert” 1 Peter 5:8
a. Pray for sober clear thinking and not in panic mode
b. Pray for alert to situations to avoid
3. Pray for our Country and leaders. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
a. Pray for US leaders and CDC
b. Pray for leaders in our state, schools, hospitals etc.
4. Pray for correct fear
a. Do not be terrified. Joshua 1:9
b. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
5. Pray/think of others and not just of yourself Phil. 2:3
a. Love neighbors.
b. Selfishness is the opposite of Godliness